Tuesday 13 September 2016

Auroa school cross~country

On the 12th of September 2016 we held our annual cross~country day at Auroa Primary School. It was a perfect sunny day in Auroa to hold our cross country day. It started at 11:00am and was finished at lunch time 1:00pm, we started with the little kids ages 5-12/13. Mr Chittenden (Our school principal) started the races with a clap of two pieces of plywood connected together with a hinge. 

Our race was one of the last, nerves filled my body as we lined up on the painted white line. The clappers whistled echoing in my ears as we were off, running into the wind as fast as I could my heart racing as I huffed and puffed, one lap down, one to go halfway through our 3 kilometer run I was steaming into second not far behind my friend Charlotte as she overtook me in the last minutes of our challenging race I finished up in third, then came my favourite bit of the race the end receiving an icy cold ice block (YUM)! 

Also there was a sausage sizzle and drinks sale which our school PTA (parent,teacher,association) was running. They sold everything! I enjoyed the day and everyone ran exceptionally well. Also from ages nine and up go and compete in the competition on Friday 16th at Mania on the golf course and if you get even further you go to Taranaki where you face all the rural schools around Taranaki. I can't wait till next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does social media cause isolation?

Is our dependence on social media networks positive for our health though, or is there a case to be made that over use of social media crea...